Contra Costa Medical Career College’s Dental Assisting Program is 985-hours of theory, laboratory and clinical training geared to prepare the student for an entry level position in a Dental Office. The Program provides all the necessary training to enable the students acquire satisfactory skills and demonstrate competencies in a variety of dental office procedures and laboratory techniques. The student is presented front office management, preliminary examination procedures, chair side dentistry, charting, appointment scheduling, and records-keeping. Student graduates may find employment in dental clinics and private dental offices as dental assistants. Graduates receive BLS Certification from The American Heart Association and a Certificate of Completion. The primary goal of the CCMCC Dental Assistant Program is to prepare entry level dental assistants with the knowledge and skills competencies for patient care.
Dental Assisting Program
At the end of the course the participant will be able to successfully demonstrate:
• Demonstrate knowledge in basic sciences and clinical practice in the delivery of patient care.
• Exhibit professionalism and work ethics with co-workers and patients
• Demonstrate understanding of the ethics and scope of practice of a dental assistant
• Demonstrate effective communication skills.
• Demonstrate skills competencies in assessing, evaluating, planning and treating oral conditions.
• Perform dental procedures by employing asepsis and sterilization techniques
• Provide health education and nutrition counseling to dental patients.
Day Program Schedule 2021-2022
-Tuesday, January 19th – Thursday, September 23rd
-Tuesday, February. 16th – Thurs. October. 21st
-Monday, March 15th – Friday, November 19th
-Monday, April 12th – Thursday, December 16th
-Monday, May 10th – Thursday, January 27th, 2022
-Monday, June 7th – Friday, February 25th, 2022
-Tuesday, July 6th – Thursday, March 24th, 2022
-Monday, August 2nd – Thursday, April 21st, 2022
-Monday, September 27th – Thursday, June 16th, 2022
-Monday, October 25th – Thursday, July 14th, 2022
-Monday, November 22nd – Thursday, August, 11th, 2022
-Monday, December 20th – Thursday, September 8th, 2022
Upon successful completion of the classroom component of the program, dental assisting students participate in 265 hours of externship. Serving an externship at an approved dental office gives externs an opportunity to work with patients and apply the principles of practice learned in the classroom. Evaluation is conducted by the Externship site personnel. Externship sites will be arranged by CCMCC and assignments will be given out no later than 30 days after the last day of the classroom training is completed, or from the date in which all required paperwork/documents have been received, whichever is later. Externship hours are most often during the day. Students MUST be available to compete required externship hours.
Total Fees paid to Institution
- Registration Fee:$200.00 (non-refundable)Note: The maximum non-refundable registration fee allowed by VA is $10.00
- Tuition:$10,050.00 (refundable)
- Text Books:$410.00 (refundable if unused)
- STRF Fee:$5.00
Students are also responsible for the following fees NOT paid directly to Institution
- Uniform and supplies:$125.00 (non-refundable)
Background check / Drug Screen: No fee
- Wonderlic Exam: NO FEE
- BLS American Heart Association for Health Care Providers:$85.00