Contra Costa Medical Career College’s Dental Assisting Program is 880-hours of theory, laboratory and clinical training geared to prepare the student for an entry level position in a Dental Office. The Program provides all the necessary training to enable the students acquire satisfactory skills and demonstrate competencies in a variety of dental office procedures and laboratory techniques. The student is presented front office management, preliminary examination procedures, chair side dentistry, charting, appointment scheduling, and records-keeping. Student graduates may find employment in dental clinics and private dental offices as dental assistants. Graduates receive BLS Certification from The American Heart Association and a Certificate of Completion. The primary goal of the CCMCC Dental Assistant Program is to prepare entry level dental assistants with the knowledge and skills competencies for patient care.
Dental Assisting Program
At the end of the course the participant will be able to successfully demonstrate:
• Demonstrate knowledge in basic sciences and clinical practice in the delivery of patient care.
• Exhibit professionalism and work ethics with co-workers and patients
• Demonstrate understanding of the ethics and scope of practice of a dental assistant
• Demonstrate effective communication skills.
• Demonstrate skills competencies in assessing, evaluating, planning and treating oral conditions.
• Perform dental procedures by employing asepsis and sterilization techniques
• Provide health education and nutrition counseling to dental patients.
Day Program Schedule 2020-2021
-Mon. May 4th – Fri. Jan. 15th,2021
-Mon. June 1st – Thurs. Feb. 11th
-Mon. June 29th – Thurs. Mar. 11th
-Mon. July 27th – Thurs. Apr. 8th
-Mon. Aug. 24 – Thurs. May 6th
-Mon. Sept. 21st – Thurs. June 4th
-Mon. Oct. 12 – Thurs. July 1st
-Mon. Nov. 16th – Thurs. July 29th
Upon successful completion of the classroom component of the program, dental assisting students participate in 160 hours of externship. Serving an externship at an approved dental office gives externs an opportunity to work with patients and apply the principles of practice learned in the classroom. Evaluation is conducted by the Externship site personnel. Externship sites will be arranged by CCMCC and assignments will be given out no later than 30 days after the last day of the classroom training is completed, or from the date in which all required paperwork/documents have been received, whichever is later. Externship hours are most often during the day. Students MUST be available to compete required externship hours.
Total Fees paid to Institution
- Registration Fee:$200.00 (non-refundable)Note: The maximum non-refundable registration fee allowed by VA is $10.00
- Tuition:$9850.00 (refundable)
- Text Books:$410.00 (refundable if unused)
- STRF Fee:$0.00
Students are also responsible for the following fees NOT paid directly to Institution
- Uniform and supplies:$125.00 (non-refundable)
Background check / Drug Screen: No fee
- Wonderlic Exam: NO FEE
- BLS American Heart Association for Health Care Providers:$85.00