About Us – OLD
Contra Costa Medical Career College will assist its students in their development of good judgment, clinical and interpersonal skills, and scientific knowledge, which will enable them to function competently as a member of any health care team. We will supply our students with the necessary tools and technical training needed to function in a variety of medical settings. We believe in producing an educated, responsible member of society equipped with the skills and principles needed to be an exceptional, efficient and safe health care provider.
Contra Costa Medical Career College is a small, private vocational training school. The school was formed in response to the growing need for qualified, entry-level healthcare professionals in this community.
CCMCC offers low tuition, flexible schedules, and instructors who are experts in their fields of study.
Our class sizes are kept small, so that we can concentrate on quality instruction. We work hand-in-hand with employers in the community to ensure the most up to date curriculum possible. All of our programs are career-focused, so our graduates are prepared to make a positive impact from the start of their new career in the healthcare industry.
Successful students will qualify to take the National exam specific to the program completed.
Approvals & Certification
Contra Costa Medical Career College and its programs are certified, approved or accredited by the following regulatory bodies:
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) programmatically for Surgical Technology
- BBB (Better Business Bureau)
- BPPE (Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education)
- BVNPT (Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians)
- DHSLFS (Dept of Health Services Laboratory Field Services)
- NHA (National Healthcareer Association)
- The California Board of Pharmacy
Contra Costa Medical Career College is dedicated to training caregivers who provide safe, respectful healthcare. We expect all completing trainees to:
- Apply learned technical, workplace, and life skills to the chosen allied health profession.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, employers, and members of the healthcare team.
- Recognize lifelong learning opportunities to allow the maintenance and growth of knowledge in the chosen profession.
- Exercise critical thinking to receive, process, and act on information that will lead to safe and effective care for clients served.
- Work collaboratively and independently in diverse environments, recognizing cultural and spiritual differences, and treating others with respect and dignity.
Accelerated certificate programs vary in length from 14 to 52 weeks. We offer flexible program schedules on weekends and weeknights to meet the needs of busy adults. Most of the programs include an externship, where students continue their learning in a work environment under the mentor-ship of an expert.
Unlike the competition, we do not simply teach to the test. Our students are trained and ready to enter the workforce as soon as they graduate. Students are thoroughly trained in theory and lab techniques. They also learn how to create a high-impact resume and prepare for job interviews. In addition, all students are required to:
- Undergo a background check
- Take a drug test for externships when required
- Have up-to-date immunizations
Contra Costa Medical Career College is very proud to announce that our institution has received FULL accreditation through the Accrediting Council of Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) as of April 15th, 2013 which is a U.S. Department of Education Recognized Agency. Additionally, Contra Costa Medical Career College is programmatic Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) for Surgical Technology as of August 1, 2014.
[google-map-sc width=”900″ margin=”20″ align=”center” zoom=”14″ type=”ROADMAP” address=”4051 Lone Tree Way, Suite C Antioch, Ca 94531″ animate=”true” title=”Contra Costa Medical Career College” ]